David Charles Property Consultants
David Charles Property Consultants Limited (company number 0732 4019)
DCPC Commercial Agency Limited (company number 1307 9138)
Registered office for the above is 8 Peterborough Road, Harrow HA1 2BQ
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit our office. When you:
- Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
- Send us your property requirements.
- Contact us via trusted sources including third party Property Portals
- Through consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us that have collected
This allows us to:
- Communicate in response to your enquiry.
- Provide you with information on other properties and services
- Provide our services to you based on accurate information.
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, and phone number and any other information you choose to provide to us.
Who do we share your information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Third party service providers, who provide data processing services to us (for example to enhance the security of our website our other IT infrastructure, to assist us carrying out due diligence checks, to carry out marketing, to support with the delivery of services to our clients)
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency or third party where we believe disclosure is necessary.
- To an actual or potential buyer or landlord.
- In order to comply with various regulations (e.g. RICS), or to conduct background checks in accordance with our internal requirements.
How long do we retain your personal information?
- The length of time we hold your information for will vary dependent on the lawful basis for collecting and processing the data.
- We will hold data supplied where there is a legitimate interest in doing so (such as where a client or customer has registered with us, expressing an interest in any of our services such as buying, selling, or letting through us)
- Where a transactional relationship has been entered into and there is a contractual necessity to do so, or where there is a requirement to comply with regulatory or legal obligations (for example in order to comply with the requirements of The Property Ombudsman and HM Revenue and Customs & RICS Anti Money Laundering Regulations Professional Indemnity Insurance)
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information that you provide to us in the following ways:
- We may use your name, address and contact details for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and David Charles Property Consultants such as providing you with products and services you have requested, visiting and arranging viewings of a property or in the course of our management responsibilities. Our legal basis for this use is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
- We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information, you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests and arranging visits to your property by our staff during the course of our managed rent responsibilities. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interest, namely carrying out activities in the course of David Charles Property Consultants in response to customer enquiries, requests or contractual obligations.
- We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information regarding similar services to those you have already enquired about or purchased. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interest, namely the ongoing marketing of and services to individuals with whom we have an existing relationship in connection with our services and/or who have expressed an interest in those services.
- We may use your name, email address and postal address to send you marketing communications, if you have chosen to receive these. These may include information about properties for rent or for sale. Our legal basis for this use is consent.
- We may use your name, postal address, passport or driving licence details or utility bills to verify your identity where you are selling or purchasing a property through David Charles Property Consultants. Our legal basis for this use is compliance with a legal obligation.
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We may disclose your personal information to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
- In addition to the specific disclosures set out in this section, we may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
You have the right:
- To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for this purpose. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by sending us an email or calling our office.
- To access the information, we hold about you.
- To rectification of the information, we hold about you. If you object, we will stop processing your personal unless certain exceptions apply.
- Where our legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent or the performance of a contract and we process it by automated means.
- Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop the relevant processing, but it will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
- To exercise any of these rights, email us at email@example.com or write to us at David Charles Property Consultants, 29 High Street, Pinner HA5 5PJ.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. More information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/.
Security precautions in place to protect your information:
We take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal information and prevent its loss, misuse, or alteration. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
The transmission of un-encrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of data sent between us over the internet.
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in August 2023.